Monday 9 March 2015

I Am So Busy I Don’t Have Time For Sex


Bukola Adeeyo
Bukola Adeeyo is unarguably one of the fastest rising Yoruba actresses. She has starred and featured in quite a number of movies like ‘Sunday Dagboru’,’Monday Omo Adugbo’,’Abike Standing’,’Fere sise mi’,’Eminirekan’ etc. Though a native of Oyo state, she was raised in Lafenwa, Abeokuta, Ogun State where she took to acting after joining Odunlade Adekola Films Production O.A.F.P. She talks about her family, sex life and other intriguing issues.
How did you join Nollywood?
Acting has been something I admired since childhood. In 2008, my brother, Abiodun Ajayi took me to Odunlade Adekola. I joined Odunlade Adekola Films Production (O.A.F.P.) that same year.
How many films have you featured in since 2008?
I have featured in so many movies that I have lost count. Sunday Dagboru; Ijiya Ife; Pemisire; Kamadupe; Ayelujara; Oba Adesope; Ire nimoyan; Oruko ife; Asake oni Buredi; Tijo tire; Ilu Alujo; Soko Fun; Ajinigbe, to mention a few.
Have you produced any film?
Yes. I have produced one, titled Ajinigbe and I am cooking something at the moment with the name Olaide OyinlomoOlaide Oyinlomo is about a young woman who inherited diabolical power from her grandma but decided to use it positively.
The cast?
The movie features great and talented artistes like Prince Jide Kosoko, Odunlade Adekola, Fausat Balogun,Tunde Owokoniran, Bolaji Amusan, Lekan Olatunji,Owolabi Ajasa,my humble self  and a host of others.
Do you agree that Nigerian women are becoming sexually active than men?
I disagree. Men will always be men. They are born to be in charge even outside sex, that is the order of nature.
Are you a virgin?
No, I am not.
The Africans, especially the Yoruba culture frowns at pre-marital sex but many youths engage in it. What do you have to say as a young and unmarried lady?
Pre-marital sex has its positive side. There is acceptance from your peers, pleasure and the fulfillment of sexual desire. The negative side is that it is against our norms and values, and could bring about unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, STDs and guilt.
How often does Bukola Adeeyo have sex?
I am a very busy type that I seldom have time for things like that. Besides I am not married but I do have sex once in a while.
Do you think you have what will make a man come begging for sex with you?
I am not sexually active and not a sex tool, so I do not have what will make a man come back for sex.
  
It seems actresses are making more money than their male counterparts. Your take?
Women are doing better in the industry. Our men do not venture into other things like the women. Many actresses have other things that fetch them money.
Are you saying acting is not lucrative enough?
Acting is a good and lucrative profession. But acting in Nigeria can be frustrating because of challenges of piracy. And that is one of the reasons many actresses support themselves by engaging in other things.
What is your take on many Nigerian women going nude in the name of fashion?
I don’t expose my body but I don’t have anything against anyone who dresses nude. Every woman has the right to dress whichever way she chooses as long as she is comfortable with her outfit. But a Yoruba adage says “Iri ni si ni isoni lojo”, the way you dress or present yourself is the way people will act towards you. That is what I consider before choosing my outfit.
As a young and unmarried lady, how do you manage male fans?
I appreciate my male fans a lot. They are the ones who have made me relevant in the industry. Most of my male fans turn out to be my friends.
What is your worst location experience?
Talking about my numerous encounters in the hands of our senior colleagues can be tiring. But God and the passion is what has sustained me. There was a particular case that still saddens my heart. I was supposed to take 13 scenes in a film. I went to the location and after spending four days, the director said I would not be part of the film. I was not given a dime and 96 hours of my life was wasted. Although, every disappointment is a blessing and I also learned my lesson. I now know better.
How do you mean?
I make sure the deal is sealed before I leave the house.
You have been scandal free, what is the secret?
(smiles) I don’t know. Maybe because I have my beliefs and I follow them religiously.
When is Bukola Adeeyo planning to settle down?
Soon, by God’s grace. It could be tomorrow, next week or in two years.
What was growing up like?
I was raised by disciplinarians in Ibadan, Oyo State. My parents were into business. I am the first child of four. We moved with my mum to Abeokuta when the need arose. Since then, the Ogun State capital, Abeokuta has been my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MGID